COVERAGE. HARKEN warrants the original purchaser that each HARKEN product, when properly installed, used and maintained, will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal conditions of use, from the date of receipt of the product by the final customer. HARKEN products are covered by two different kinds of warranties, on the basis of the purchaser and use made of them.
- The Private Customer Warranty
- The Professional Customer Warranty
THE LIMITED PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY. This limited warranty applies to all Harken products purchased for final use by private individuals only and not for commercial or professional purposes. The Owner’s sole and exclusive remedy under this limited PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY for original defects in materials or workmanship of a HARKEN product shall be the repair or replacement, at HARKEN’s sole discretion, of the defective part or component, with no charge for the owner of the product.
THE LIMITED PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY. This limited warranty applies to all Harken products purchased for final use by or on behalf of any entity (such as by corporations, partnerships, etc.) or private customers using the product for professional or commercial purposes and is expressly in lieu of all other condition and warranties, express or implied, and all other obligations whatsoever of Harken whether in contract or in tort or otherwise, for any defect, deficiency, failure, malfunctioning of any Harken product, including any part thereof except as expressly provided in this Warranty.
The Owner’s sole and exclusive remedy under this limited PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY for original defects in materials or workmanship of a Harken product shall be the repair or replacement, at Harken sole discretion, of the defective part or component, in accordance with the terms of this warranty.
WARRANTOR. For products originally sold in the United States, the limited warranty for products is provided by Harken, Inc. For products originally sold in the rest of the world, the limited warranty for the products is provided by the Harken Marine dealer who sold the product. See procedure below. Harken Marine is a division of Harken Inc.
OWNER – NON-TRANSFERABLE WARRANTY. This warranty is provided by Harken with only the original purchaser of the product only and does not extend to any third party. The rights of the original purchaser under this warranty may not be assigned or otherwise transferred to any third party.
WARRANTY TERM. The limited PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY covers any original defects in material or workmanship manifested within five (5) years of the date of receipt of the product by the final customer. However, the warranty terms under the limited PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY for the following products are as indicated below by the date of receipt of the product by the final customer:
- Jib Reefing and Furling systems are warranted for seven (7) years. Hydraulic and Electric Furling systems are warranted for five (5) years. Electric furling motor, switches, control boxes, and breakers are warranted for two (2) years.
- Reflex furler for asymmetric and code zero sails, associated adapters, cable terminals/clamps, and fairlead kits, are warranted for three (3) years. Reflex torsion cable is warranted for one (1) year.
- Carbo Racing Foils are warranted for three (3) years.
- Winches and handles, cylinders, valves, pumps, reservoirs, control panels are warranted for three (3) years. Electric/hydraulic winch motors, captive reel winches, hydraulic power units, switches, control boxes, and breakers are warranted for two (2) years.
- Custom products, pedestals, gearboxes, push buttons, drive shafts, carbon fiber products, and/or high performance applications of standard catalog products for extraordinary use applications are warranted for two (2) years.
- Ropeye® products: contact Ropeye.com for warranty terms.
- Spinlock® products: contact Spinlock.com for warranty terms.
- Battery for PowerSeat is warranted for two (2) years if properly used as per the indications mentioned in the manual
- 27mm Access Rail, Marine Applications is warranted for twelve (12) months
- 27mm Access Rail, Non-Marine Built Environment Applications is warranted for ten (10) years
- 32 mm Access Rail is warranted for ten (10) years
- Tight Radius is warranted for twelve (12) months
The limited PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY covers any original defects in material or workmanship manifested within 12 months from the date of receipt of the product by the professional customer. The same coverage for Access and Tight Radius rail and trolley in non-marine applications such constructions has a longer term of 10 years. The same coverage for Access and Tight Radius rail and trolley in marine use and corrosive applications is limited to the aforementioned 12 months term.
NOT COVERED. Neither the limited PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY nor the limited PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY does not apply to, nor shall Harken have any liability or responsibility for, damages or expenses relating to defects caused by misuse, abuse, failure to install, use, maintain or store the Harken product as specified in the warranty booklet, service booklet, manuals, catalogue or other literature available from Harken.
Neither the limited PRIVATE CUSTOMER WARRANTY nor the limited PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY applies to, and neither HARKEN shall have any liability or responsibility in respect of, damages or expenses relating to:
- defects in material or workmanship that did not exist when the product was first delivered;
- defects in material or workmanship that become manifested beyond the warranty period;
- defects which are not reported to Harken within sixty (60) days of discovery;
- a product that has been altered or modified from factory specifications;
- damage or deterioration of cosmetic surface finishes, including cracking, crazing, discoloration or fading;
- accidents, misuse, abuse, abnormal use, improper use, lack of reasonable or proper maintenance or storage;
- installation, wiring, service or repairs improperly performed or replacement parts or accessories not conforming to Harken’s specifications;
- use exceeding the recommended and permitted limits or loads of the product and/or the product on which the product is installed;
- normal wear or deterioration occasioned by the use of the product or its exposure to the elements;
- ropes, lines, LOUPS™, buckles and webbing;
- clear coat finishes on carbon fiber;
- loss of time, loss of use, inconvenience, travel expense, costs related to procuring any substitute product, transportation costs, any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the non-use of the product, or compensation for inconvenience or loss of use while the product is being repaired or otherwise not available, or other matters not specifically covered hereunder;
- the costs to remove, store, disassemble or re-install the product;
- the costs or expenses associated with transporting the product to and from HARKEN or a HARKEN dealer removal, storage and replacing of the product on which the product has been installed, even where this is necessary to carry out the warranty service.
The limited PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER WARRANTY does not cover, nor shall Harken have any liability or responsibility in respect of, damages or expenses relating to, the following products and/or components:
- pawls and pawl springs in winches;
- components and gears in titanium;
- washers and spacers;
- winch drum grip;
- ball bearings, roller bearings, thrust bearings;
- winch handles.