Harken, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of innovative sailboat hardware and accessories for over 50 years. We also translate our engineering capabilities into high-performance products for the industry. If you have a positive can-do attitude and thrive in a casual, but fast-paced work environment, we want you!
REPORTS TO: Shipping Supervisor
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Full Time, Non-Exempt, 8am – 4:30pm
- Identify and accurately count and pick product as needed to fulfill work orders
- Prepare and package shipment. Determine labeling requirements
- Post weights and shipping documents as required
- Perform computer functions as required
- Communicate with various departments to determine shipping requirements
- Package and box shipments per customer instructions
- Attach labels and packing slips as needed for domestic and international shipping
- Bag and package track
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. One year of manufacturing-related experience in shipping and/or training preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to learn, and ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines and goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles, or time constraints
- Must be able to walk and stand on concrete for up to 8 hours. Ability to lift material weighing up to 80 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties, or skills required.
Candidates will need to provide a resume.
Submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harken is equal opportunity employer.