TITLE: Purchasing Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
BASED AT: Harken USA, Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Full-time, Exempt
As the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the Purchasing function, managing the daily activities of the purchasing team, managing supplier relations, negotiating contracts, pricing and delivery ensuring lowest cost while meeting quality and delivery expectations.
The ideal candidate will take the initiative to drive change in the purchasing department that improves on time delivery and reduces the cost of goods and inventory levels.
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies and policies.
- Manage daily purchasing activities and delegate projects and tasks
- Develop a deep level of understanding of the supply base and identify areas to opportunity to drive cost, innovation, risk management and other value-added elements of a supplier relationship
- Lead supplier negotiations and participate as needed when not the lead
- Prepare and implement KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) for purchasing team and hold them accountable
- Represent Purchasing on new product development teams
- Work with the Quality Control Department regarding defective or unacceptable products to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and drive projects that eliminate waste within the department
- Present project plans, including scope and budget, to senior management
- Develop and manage the operating budget of the purchasing department
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or a related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience managing a Purchasing team
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles and MRP
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft AX, preferred
- Certification as CPM or APICS certification or equivalent years of experience in a purchasing manager role
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment, experience with low volume, high volume mix or job shop environment a plus
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.