TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
DIRECT REPORTS: All Marketing Department Staff, except the Strategy and Creative Director, report into this role.
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Full Time, 1st shift, Exempt
- Manages team of 7 marketing professionals with input from Marketing Strategy & Creative Director and CEO.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining marketing budget.
- Develops and implements Omni Channel marketing plans, timelines and budgets for segments of Harken’s Marine and Rope Safety Businesses.
- Leads sales team to create innovative programs that market Harken products and become long-term assets.
- Activates marketing programs to achieve channel revenue goals.
- Artfully advocates for these programs during the internal sales process until they are approved.
- Has the ability to learn new categories and help establish fresh brand promises for companies as Harken grows into them.
- Understanding of Sailing and Rope Safety / Rescue markets is extremely beneficial.
- Loves the creative output as much as the strategy behind it—but is passionate about both.
- Manages workflow, timelines and materials of the team to ensure timely delivery and high-quality output.
- Collaborates with CEO and Creative Director to develop in-house media and promotional schedules.
- Helps non-marketing people understand why we do what we do.
- Is uncommonly curious.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five years experience in marketing, preferably in a high-velocity B-to-C environment.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Excellent/pragmatic verbal and written communication skills—clear,direct,concise.
- Ability to convert consumer insights into innovative marketing programs that deliver.
- Demonstrate record of acccomplishment in the development and execution of marketing communications.
- Working knowlege of print and e-communications production.
- Strong computer and technology skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Excel virtuosos highly-valued.
- Experience with social media strategy and management a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Experience in competitive outdoor activity “Buff” categories strongly preferred.
- Solid project management, organization and analytical skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to collaborate with co-workers.
Other Standard position requirements:
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to walk or stand on concrete for up to 4 hours at a time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.