Harken, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of innovative sailboat hardware and accessories for over 50 years. We also translate our engineering capabilities into high-performance products for the industry. If you have a positive can-do attitude and thrive in a casual, but fast-paced work environment, we want you!
TITLE: Manufacturing Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The manufacturing engineer will play a lead role in planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes and process improvement. In conjunction with Engineering and Production Management, develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods. This process will be guided by solid knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling, production equipment capabilities, assembly method, and quality control standards.
- Observe all manufacturing processes and develop improvements to increase productivity, reduce scrap, improve quality, support safety initiatives, and improve workflow
- Work directly with product development teams to introduce new products on time and under budget
- Research and develop new manufacturing methods to reduce lead times, costs and improve quality
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators for manufacturing operations
- Improve documentation levels for manufacturing processes
- Maintain quality assurance standards, processes and controls
- Collaborate with continuous improvement team to facilitate process improvements throughout Harken
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor level degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience analysing and making recommendations regarding manufacturing processes, quality and training
- Experience in project management
- Experience in designing fixtures for work holding in assembly, manufacturing and quality areas
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 facilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines and goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles or time constraints
- Team player able to interact in a positive, constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company
- Ability to use standard office equipment and Windows Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Candidates will need to provide a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.
Submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.