Sailing and Harken are synonymous. Our company has been At The Front of designing, manufacturing, and marketing top of the line sailboat hardware and accessories for over 50 years. Today we apply our expertise in a growing array of commercial rope access and rescue applications in our Harken Industrial division as well. If you have a positive can-do attitude, and enjoy a casual, but fast paced work environment, we want you!
We have a unique opportunity for a VIDEO PRODUCTION/EDITING MANAGER to join our team.
TITLE: Manager of Video Production
REPORTS TO: Marketing Strategy & Creative Director
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Exempt, Full-Time
- Self-starting video maker
- Lighting, editing and shooting and interviewing subjects for scripted and non-scripted productions.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly and effectively with teams in and out of the video group
- Be relentless about detail
- Love and understand our Brand and its voice. Communicate what is most unique about Harken with video content
- Be able to pitch ideas and concepts
- Be able to deliver projects on time
- Be able to take friendly suggestions in stride. Understand there is always a mutually-acceptable solution and it is a creative person’s obligation to drive to it
- Stay on top of changes in cameras and editing hardware and software. Make recommendations about system upgrades and purchases when required.
- Organize and maintain file structure to access order and save work.
- Maintain Harken’s You Tube Channels
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Achievement or active pursuit towards a degree related to Video, Journalism or Communications
- Three or more years of professional experience in end-to-end video shooting/editing/production
- Demonstrated creative proficiency as a video editor and shooter
- Experience with best practices for pre-production using scripts and storyboards
- Must be proficient in Adobe Suite including Adobe Premier, After Effects (expanded experience a PLUS), Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong communication skills
- Troubleshooting problem solver with a smile
- Must fully understand the importance of brand communication
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and able to roll with changing scenarios
- Desire to work cooperatively with others as a team player
- Unending curiosity and passion for visual story telling/explaining technical information in video
- Interest in still photography a bonus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Candidates will need to provide a resume.
Submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harken is equal opportunity employer.