Harken works hard to be the technological leader in deck hardware, winches, and hydraulics. Harken's core strength in its historic niche is matched with opportunities for growth as it expands to offer a growing assortment of safety and rescue equipment and services from its Harken Industrial division, focusing on its core objective to become the world's best in handling rope under load.
TITLE: Machine Operator
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Full Time, 2nd shift, Non-Exempt
- Operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on various work pieces
- Machining a variety of materials compliant with the engineered drawings
- Maintain work area, machines and tools
- Maintain the highest level of quality
- Must communicate changes accurately and effectively
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires a general knowledge of machine shop practices, techniques, machine operation and tooling as generally acquired through up to 2 years of experience, or equivalent
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher.
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to walk or stand on concrete for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.