Harken works hard to be the technological leader in deck hardware, winches, and hydraulics. Harken's core strength in its historic niche is matched with opportunities for growth as it expands to offer a growing assortment of safety and rescue equipment and services from its Harken Industrial division, focusing on its core objective to become the world's best in handling rope under load.
TITLE: Industrial Customer Service
REPORTS TO: Industrial & Engineering Services Manager
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Full Time, 1st shift, Non-Exempt
- Interpret, check, analyze and respond to a wide variety of orders and/or inquiries from customers, sales representatives or dealers
- Responsible for order verification, quotations, terms, applications, service, complaints, adjustments, requests for literature, catalogs, price lists, instructions, etc.
- Use thorough knowledge of company products, components, applications, pricing and sales policies
- Obtain information and prepare correspondence or personally confer with customers via phone
- Review, clarify and acknowledge customer orders, advise customers on order changes, order status, quote prices, etc.
- Work closely with manufacturing and shipping to coordinate fulfillment of the customer orders.
- Follow up complaints requiring replacement or adjustment; forward requests for information, complaints or service of a technical nature to the engineering department for analysis or disposition
- Process customer returns
- Maintain records and files having to do with the function
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to walk or stand on concrete for up to 4 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Submit your resume via email to: email@example.com
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.