Harken, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of innovative sailboat hardware and accessories for over 50 years. We also translate our engineering capabilities into high-performance products for industry. If you have a positive can-do attitude, and thrive in a casual, but fast paced work environment, we want you!
TITLE: Canvas Sewer
REPORTS TO: Canvas Department Manager
BASED AT: Harken USA, Pewaukee, WI, USA
STATUS: 1st shift, Non-Exempt, Full-Time
- Responsible for producing high quality boat covers, bags, awnings, truck tarps and custom products from a variety of fabrics and materials
- Complete repairs on various types of canvas products
- Install hardware such as grommets, snaps and twist locks
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- Sewing machine experience
- You will have access to operate all types of industrial sewing machines, mainly single needle, such as; serger (overlap chain stitch); straight stitch (walking foot) and double needle (walking foot)
- Experience working with canvas materials preferred. Ability to meet quality standards and deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines and goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles or time constraints
- Team player able to interact in a positive, constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move and lift heavy fabrics and materials
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use both hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is required to stand and walk on concrete for up to 4 hours; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
Candidates will need to provide a cover letter and resume.
Submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harken is equal opportunity employer.