Location: Warsaw - Poland
Posted on: 2014-02-11
Email to HR
TITLE: Harken Poland Managing Director
REPORTS TO: Global CEO
BASED AT: Warsaw - Poland
CONTRACT: Full time - open ended
Harken is a leader in the design, manufacturing and marketing of sailboat hardware and winches for over 40 years. We have a formalized distribution network in 45 countries.
We are seeking a business professional with management skills. The individual must be an articulate, people- oriented professional who possesses a high energy level, proven sales and business accomplishments. Provide leadership and coordination in accordance with Harken policies. Develop the organization and manage the growth of the team.
- Be accountable on Harken Poland results.
- Develop and implement Sales and Marketing plans.
- Prepare strategy and budget in support of achieving projected revenues and profits.
- Plan and manage subsidiary activities according to defined economic and technical strategies.
- Review operational records and determine profitability.
- Analyze local market environment in order to increase market penetration and turnover.
- Prepare written presentations, reports and price quotations. Manage contract negotiations.
- Work closely with Global Sales Manager and Global CEO to implement a well-defined product positioning strategy for the Polish market. Propose modification and/or adaptation of products and services for Poland.
- Manage the team for Poland.
- Sell all the Harken product range and be accountable in sales on all the sales channels.
- Represent Harken in an honest and ethical manner.
- Recruit, train, coach, supervise, and evaluate subsidiary staff.
Knowledge Requirements and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience in sales management.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating.
- Strong technical background, with mechanical skills, is critical.
- Sailing experience is mandatory.
- Marine market knowledge and industry background is mandatory.
- Knowledge of developing sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Ability to communicate concepts clearly and credibly to multiple audiences including senior management.
- Position requires professional written and verbal communication.
- Ability to facilitate teamwork, empower and motivate people.
- Deep knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes market strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Native language - Polish, fluent in English.
- Ability to think strategically and act independently.
APPLICATIONS IN ENGLISH: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include authorisation of processing personal data and information.