The 505 is an all-out, hang-out, screaming machine. Development began on this powerful, single-trapeze dinghy at the 1953 IYRU Trials to find the best possible two-man centerboarder. Within two years, the 505 was granted International status. Recently, the class adopted the six-meter luff spinnaker. This increase in the spinnaker's sail area has greatly enhanced offwind performance.
Length: 5.05 m (16'6")
Beam 1.88 m (6'2")
Weight: 127.4 kg (280 lb)
Main/Jib Area: 14 sq. m (150.6 ft)
Spinnaker Area: 26 sq. m (280 sq ft)