Sailing and Harken are synonymous. Our company has been in the
business of designing, manufacturing, and marketing top of the line sailboat
hardware and accessories for over 40 years. If you have a positive can-do
attitude, and enjoy a casual, but fast paced work environment, we want you!
- have strong customer service skills, attention
to detail and be able to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- be self-motivated to accomplish goals on time
and succeed despite obstacles, exhibit problem solving skills and interact
effectively with other team members.
- enjoy working in a team environment, taking
pride in your individual performance and sharing credit for successes with
members of the team.
- promote positive customer relations through
prompt, courteous and efficient service.
REPORTS TO: Engineering
BASED AT: Harken, Inc., Pewaukee, WI
STATUS: Exempt, Full-time
The manufacturing engineer will play a lead role in planning,
directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes and process improvement. In
conjunction with Engineering and Production Management, develop, evaluate, and
improve manufacturing methods. This process will be guided by solid knowledge
of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling,
production equipment capabilities, assembly method, and quality control
- Observe all manufacturing processes and
develop improvements to increase productivity, reduce scrap, improve quality,
support safety initiatives, and improve workflow
- Work directly with product development teams
to introduce new products on time and budget
- Research and develop new manufacturing
methods to reduce lead times, costs and improve quality
- Develop and maintain key performance
indicators for manufacturing operations
- Improve documentation levels for
- Maintain quality assurance standards,
processes and controls
- Provide input on new plant layout to optimize
workflow and efficiency
- Collaborate with continuous improvement team to
facilitate process improvements throughout Harken
- Bachelor level degree Manufacturing or
Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or Quality
- A minimum of three to five years demonstrated
- Experience analyzing and making
recommendations regarding manufacturing processes, quality and training
- Knowledge of Kaizen tools and/or Six Sigma
- Proficient in SolidWorks
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 certification process
- Excellent English verbal and written
- Excellent problem solving skills, attention to
detail, and ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadline and
goals despite unexpected setbacks, obstacles or time constraints
- Team player able to interact in a positive,
constructive manner with staff members on all levels within the company
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or
controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required
to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception
and the ability to focus.
The above statements
are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Health and Life insurance,
401k, paid vacations/holidays, and more.
Harken, Inc. is a
leading manufacturer and marketer of quality sailboat hardware and accessories.
facilities are located at company headquarters, Pewaukee Wisconsin, USA, and
Limido Comasco, Italy. Sales offices are located in San Diego, California;
Tampa, Florida; Newport, Rhode Island; La Rochelle, France; Lymington, England;
Stockholm, Sweden; Sydney, Australia; Auckland, New Zealand; and Warsaw,
Poland. Harken distributors and dealers are found in almost every country.
products can be found on the smallest dinghies to the largest mega yachts
throughout the world. We are the dominant hardware supplier to such events as
the America's Cup and Olympics.
Candidates will need to provide a cover letter and resume. Please
include salary requirements.
your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
phone calls please!
is no relocation offered for this position.
is an equal opportunity employer.