Sailing and Harken are synonymous. Our company has been in the business designing, manufacturing, and marketing top of the line sailboat hardware and accessories for over 40 years. If you have a positive can-do attitude, and enjoy a casual, but fast-paced work environment, we want you!
The applicant will:
- Have an attention to detail, and be able to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Be self-motivated to accomplish goals on time and succeed despite obstacles, exhibiting problem-solving skills and interact effectively with other team members.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, taking pride in your individual performance and sharing credit for successes with members of the team.
- Promote positive customer relations through prompt, courteous, and efficient service.
TITLE: Quality Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
BASED AT: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
- Oversee compliance to customer requirements (such as PPAP).
- Support process development and control procedures in conjunction with manufacturing engineers and production managers, ensuring that production of finished products meets quality specifications and standards.
- Responsible for consistent engagement and synergy between QA activity and process with the organization's continuous improvement program.
- Maintain and train on C.I. program in each department.
- Responsible for training quality principles and system requirements.
- Analyze data and produce quality reports.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams to address and resolve quality issues and to improve levels of quality productivity.
- Review customer complaints to evaluate corrective action.
- Collaborate with Tech Service to assist customers with quality problems or concerns.
- Develop and maintain departmental budget.
- Serve as Management Representative for ISO 9001 certification.
- Identify, coordinate internal auditors for ISO 9001 compliance.
- Maintain the organization's quality documentation system.
- Manage ISO corrective and preventative action process to resolution.
- Coordinate management review of the quality system with senior management.
- Coordinate and support control of quality of products with inspection and sampling techniques and quality plans.
- Support incoming, in process, and final inspection by employees.
- Work with suppliers to understand and meet Harken requirements.
- Support Quick Response Manufacturing by distribution of responsibility for quality.
- Develop company wide health and safety objectives, coordinate safety training programs and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Assure that all employees work in a safe and healthy environment, conduct on-going training, monitor compliance with state and federal laws and lead the organization's safety committee.
- Audit and understand the organizations property and casualty insurance programs in conjunction with CFO to ensure adequate insurance levels, maintaining Certificates of insurance and handling claims.
- Audit the organization's Emergency Preparedness Plans and where necessary, make revisions in compliance with OSHA and environmental safety guidelines.
- Experience as a management representative in an ISO 9001 company.
- CQE, CQA, or CMQ/QE desired.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM), Lean or Six Sigma.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and five years of related quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meed deadlines and goals.
- Ability to communicate with Customers, Suppliers, and employees in a constructive manner.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, feel or handle objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel crouch and crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception and the ability to focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all qualifications, responsibilities, duties or skills required.
HARKEN offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Health and Life insurance, FLEX benefits, 401k, paid vacations/holidays, and more.
Harken, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of innovative sailboat hardware and accessories. Headquartered in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, Harken manufactures in the USA and Italiy. Its network includes distribution in 48 countries, with group offices located in Australia, France, Italy, New Zealand, Poland, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United States (Rhode Island, California, and Florida). Harken distributors and dealers are found in almost every country.
For more on our company, visit our website: www.harken.com
Candidates will need to provide a cover letter and resume. Please include salary requirements.
Submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Harken is an equal opportunity employer.